On Saturday, I graduated from law school. It was the longest, and the shortest, two years of my life. Things will start getting back to normal on the blog starting tomorrow. Thanks for being patient while I learned the intricacies of civil procedure, public lands law, and Bluebook citations.
More on all of that later. I’m excited to be back.
1) Lessons that can be only learned through failure. (Chalkboard Mag)
2) I pulled the trigger on this Kate Spade wristlet this weekend. It’s a great wallet substitute that holds my phone and all my essentials.
3) ‘The Day We Discovered Our Parents Were Russian Spies.‘ (The Guardian)
4) 60-percent off sale items at Ann Taylor. It’s a good opportunity to pick up lightweight sweaters and simple wrap dresses.
5) The Good Wife’s Dan Lawson on how the show changed the way working women dress. (Elle)
6) I started using Ole Henriksen’s Invigorating Night Gel last week. It’s an incredible product that brings visible results to dark spots and dullness.
7) Tory Burch tells women why they shouldn’t wait for doors to open. (LinkedIn)
8) For breezy summer essentials, try Madewell. I adore this Indigo Shibori top, and this embroidered Folktale top. These Lydia flats in spot dot would be good in any season.
9) How to properly apply eye cream, sunscreen, and moisturizer. And my favorites from Boots, Supergoop, and Tammy Fender. (Today)
10) Need a summer cocktail dress? WHBM has some pretty ones. This eyelet trim fit-and-flare is fab.
11) Pay attention to how a man treats his mother. (The Cut)
12) Only Oscar de la Renta could make a full-length, lace skirt this dramatic and chic.
*image found here.
Congratulations!!! So exciting!
The invigorating night gel is one of my holy-grail skincare items. I ran out of it faster than my actual night cream and didn’t rebuy right away; I was surprised how much I noticed a difference in my skin (in a bad way).
Congratulations on your graduation!
It feels like yesterday you announced you were going back to school. Congratulations! What an achievement, and I’m amazed that you’ve managed to keep up the blog. Looking forward to reading about your next move. And about more fabulous clothes. 🙂
When you carry a wristlet, what do you do with your keys?
suzanne Stanton says:
Congratulations from Sydney Australia
Congratulations!! It’s been wonderful to follow along with your law school journey.
With regard to the invigorating night gel: would you compare it to Good Genes? I’m almost done my first bottle and I’ve had good results with it, but I’d love to find a product for my dark acne marks that makes my dollar go farther.
Congratulations Belle, from a fan who has followed you from your Congressional Staff days! Can you tell us about your next career move? Are you coming back to DC?
yes, I’d like to hear your thoughts on your future as well.
Longtime lurker, but thought the occasion of a law school graduation was a good reason to comment – congratulations! Love your blog, can’t believe you kept up with regular and regularly thoughtful posts while plowing through law school. Look forward to your posts every day – thank you.
julie russell says: