Style + Fantastic Finds

Sweater Week: The Oversized One

When the weekends roll around, all I want is a pair of comfortable leggings and an oversized sweater.  Just curl up on the couch with my pups and a movie and settle in.  But the oversize sweater and slim-fitting pants is also a great look for a quick set of errands or wine night at a friend’s house.

This Free People Afterglow Mock Neck is drapey and relaxed for casual or weekend wear.  It comes in four colors, but the ivory is my favorite.  And the sweater is a steal at under-$75.

Nordstrom Rack has a number of Free People sweaters on sale.  I particularly like this long slub cardigan in dove grey.

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. Hannah says:

Am I the only one that’s surprised it’s not the FP Ottoman sweater? LOL

October 27, 2020/Reply
    • Rachel says:

When I saw the title I immediately thought it was going to be the Ottoman sweater!

October 27, 2020/Reply

I promised I wouldn’t post it again this year 😉

October 27, 2020/Reply
    • Amy says:

I was surprised too! I love the look of the FP ottoman sweater but I am petite and I know that I will look like I’m drowning in it, even at the smallest size. So I’ve been searching for some alternatives that are similar in style, minus the tunic length. Here’s what I’ve found so far:
      Madewell’s Belmont mockneck sweater (https://www.madewell.com/belmont-mockneck-sweater-in-coziest-yarn-K5425.html), which is sold out online but I have had good luck finding in a variety of colors on Poshmark, new with tags or very gently used,
      And this funnel neck pullover from The Reset: https://shop.thereset.com/products/funnel-neck-pullover-1, which I don’t own, but looks gorgeous.

October 27, 2020/Reply
      • sara says:

Thanks for the recs! I love FP but rarely find anything that fits me, as I’m 5’0 and it all runs so large.

October 28, 2020/Reply