1) A man in Detroit walked 21-miles to get to work every day for months after his car broke down. A local college student started a GoFundMe account to raise money to buy him a car. Instead of $5,000, he’s raised over $300,000. The man now has a financial advisor and a lawyer to make sure the money is used wisely; he plans to keep working at the factory.
3) Lennon & Maisy Stella are back with a lovely, soft cover of Charli XCX’s Boom Clap.
6) Last night, I fell into the Target home section (hard). This gorgeous geo-print pouf from Nate Berkus is chic and fun. This mirror would be perfect for a foyer or over a bar. And I am digging this grey, wire accent table.
7) My friend Virginia sent me this video of how the atelier at Christian Dior made their latest collection. (I was fascinated by how pleated skirts are made.)
8) H&M is my go-to shop for trend pieces. Right now, I’m obsessed with the snakeskin ankle boots. This fitted coat in a charcoal melange is so chic. And this sequin-embroidered skirt would look amazing with a slouchy tee and sleek black pump.
9) Recent court decisions may protect women from the scourge of ‘revenge porn’ websites. Slow clap.
10) Piperlime may be closing, but they have some lovely pieces right now. This slightly wacky laser cut skirt is fantastic. This semi-sheer skirt from Cynthia Vincent is a stunner. I’m also loving this BCBG top with crisp lace and a frilled peplum.
12) The Pamela Roland gown knocked my socks off.
*image found here.