Belle’s Weekly Reading: January 9, 2015
Jan 9, 2015
1) My favorite author, Joan Didion, was chosen as the face of Celine’s new ad campaign. The octogenarian’s fan-girls are pretty excited about it. Looking to learn more about Ms. Didion? I suggest Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
2) This Yessica bag from Sole Society, in a pinky-neutral hue, has chic details and a fun, yet functional, style.
3) I thought this infographic about the world’s oldest trees was interesting.
4) I love long necklaces. This lengthy disc necklace from Nordstrom is chic and affordable. I positively adore this y-shaped lariat necklace from Dogeared (it’s awesome). This long, bar-station necklace is a sleek choice (also in silver).
6) ASOS has some lovely new items in stock. This navy trench is perfect for spring and under-$125. This royal blue dress from Whistles is a versatile choice. These strappy, cut-out shoes are also a fun choice for under-$50.
7) Mashable has a list of the best phone apps of 2014. Just ignore the inclusion of Kim Kardashian, and it’s an interesting list.
9) Things that I will not be doing: Moving to Minnesota so that I can live in a yurt. Getting up at 3:00AM to ensure I don’t die of hypothermia does not sound like a stellar living arrangement.
10) This Marc Jacobs bag is one of the most beautiful handbags that I have ever seen.
11) California’s controversial ban on the production and sale of foie gras was overturned this week. I never cared for foie, but this is an interesting case study on how special interest groups advance an agenda.
12) Love the look of a layered necklace but clueless about how to layer them properly? Penny Pincher Fashion has a helpful tutorial with great visuals. Looking for reasonably priced, well-made necklaces? Baublebar is a great place to start.
*image found here.