Tell me about it, Captain Jack.
1) Newsweek instituted a new, strict dress code that forbids “neglected hair,” jeans and t-shirts. Punishments for violating the sartorial law of the land include suspension without pay and dismissal. In response, Fast Company has an interesting article about office dress codes and what they accomplish.
2) I keep putting these Madison Harding Steven boots into my shopping cart. Not hard to see why.
3) Ever wondered what the September issue of Vogue would look like without the ads? Wonder no more.
5) Buzzfeed has a great list of 40 Things Under $50 that every woman in her thirties should own. My list of not-so-inexpensive must haves? Dry shampoo, a Clarisonic, high thread count sheets and a good blow dryer.
6) “If you’re planning on spending the next seventeen years and nine months caring about Kim and Kanye’s parenting choices, I have a feeling you should sign up for a Xanax prescription ASAP.” I love you, Suri.
7) I’ve been searching for some new dishes, and these animal plates from West Elm are the.single.oddest.thing I have ever seen. (Why is the bear wearing a hat?)
8) 23 Things Women Need to Stop Doing. #23: Setting Deadlines for Major Life Events.
9) Nordstrom has a great selection of fall and winter coats. I dig this pale pink cocoon coat and this Tahari tweed coat with leather sleeves (LOVE!). They’re also selling a puffer coat that I don’t hate…which is a surprise.
10) Wall Street Journal has a great article about the financial issues you should discuss before getting married. Not a pleasant conversation, but a necessary one.
11) Lastly, French clothing retailer Petite Bateau has opened a US online shop. I love the tied bows on the back of this heavy-jersey, striped dress and this charming sweater. And if you’re looking for good-quality, white tees that aren’t see-through and flimsy, they you need to check out their wares. Their iconic tee has been made the same way for 100 years.