Beauty + BPGP

Opinion Page: I Like Big Hair, and I Cannot Lie

If you’ve been reading this blog for a few years, you know that I love a good hair day.  Nothing makes a hair day better than a little bit (or a lot of volume) with that perfect post-blowout look.  So when I found a new spray that gives me the volume I want without drying out my hair, I was sold.

I found this product thanks to Things I Bought and Liked, an Instagram influencer who shares my feeling on paid sponsorships.  So when she recommends something, I give it a try.

This Ouai Volume Spray is an interesting product.  The first time I applied it, it was so sticky on my wet hair, I thought I was going to hate it.  But the stickiness didn’t survive the drying process, and the volume, ladies, the volume…

It’s not Texas big hair, but it is a wonderful medium volume that looks like you’re just having a really good hair day.  There’s bounce and shine.  My hair, when I use this product, could best be described as lively.

The spray also isn’t drying, which most mousses are.  And the volume lasts all day.  Most volume products fall flat by close of business, with the Ouai spray, my hair is still full and lifted when I head to bed.

If you want to give your hair a little more lift, give this spray a try.  I love the effect, and I’ve been using the same bottle for a month and have barely made a dent in it, so I think it will last a long time.  Highly Recommend.

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. ML says:

Have you tried the Color Wow Dreamcoat humidity reduction spray she recommended? It is my favorite things gift to all of my gal pals this year. A must try for a perfect blow out feel. I will try this volume spray too!

December 10, 2020/Reply
    • Anna says:

After a year, I still have not found anything that will help my hair deal with Seattle humidity. I’m going to have to give this a try!

December 11, 2020/Reply
  2. LA says:

Hi Abra, not sure if the product has sold out since you posted it or if the link is broken, but it does not appear to be available on the Sephora website.

December 10, 2020/Reply
    • Mary G says:

Link is working ok for me!

December 10, 2020/Reply
  3. Pam says:

Thank your for this recommendation! Can’t wait to try it as it is truly disappointing to watch my hair deflate over the course of the day on the zoom screen. At least when I was in the office i didn’t see it until i got home!

December 10, 2020/Reply
  4. Anne says:

I LOVE Things I Bought and Liked. Her recommendations are awesome, and she is really funny and smart.

December 11, 2020/Reply
  5. Ashley says:

I endorse this product as well! I lift up my hair in sections when wet and spray it at the roots. It definitely helps a bit to give my hair a little lift when usually it is very flat. It also has a great smell, if that is important to you.

December 11, 2020/Reply
  6. Cat says:

I just tried the Bumble and Bumble volumizing conditioner and my hair looked startlingly good.

December 15, 2020/Reply
  7. hotsellwig says:

Does it make your hair oily fast?

January 4, 2021/Reply

I haven’t noticed more oil than usual, but it doesn’t require much spray to get the effect.

January 4, 2021/Reply

contact the edit

For reader queries and PR inquiries, please send over an email.