Beauty + Hairstyles

The Beauty Range: Hair Brushes

Years ago, I discovered paddle hair brushes, and I’ve never looked back.  A paddle brush is perfect for smoothing, detangling, and styling your hair.  It makes swift work of a morning blow dry.  Here are a few in different price points.

For the Serious Beauty Maven

Women who own this Yves Dufe hair brush swear by it.  And at $60 for a hairbrush, they better.  The vented design make for faster blow drying, and the brush is known for superior detangling.

For the Every Day Stylist

This Aveda hairbrush is my one and only.  I love the way the paddle shape helps me slightly bend under the ends of my hair while blow drying.  It has a nice weight in your hand, and is well-made.  I had my first one for almost 12 years.

For the Bargain Hunter

This Wet flex brush is great for detangling and blow drying.  When I have my hair extensions in, this is the only brush I use.  The navy events also help remove water from the hair faster, speeding up drying time.

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. Catherine says:

Any advice on cleaning hair brushes? I have such a hard time getting hair off and over the heads of the bristles! Is the answer to get a brush without heads on the bristles? (It looks like the Yves Dufe may be that way, but I’m having a hard time telling for sure.)

February 28, 2020/Reply
  2. emily says:

Wait, you have hair extensions!? Can we talk about this please?

February 28, 2020/Reply
    • Emily says:

And by “talk about this” I mean I would love to read a post about your experience, what type you have, etc.

February 28, 2020/Reply
      • Denise says:

+1 for discussing hair extensions. None of my friends have hair extensions but I feel like I never see any bloggers or influencers without them. It has me super intrigued. I have thin hair and would really love to try them but I have no idea where to start, what questions to ask, if its even possible for someone with curly hair, etc!

February 28, 2020/Reply

I did have them for a few months around my wedding. I’m having them put back in for my mother in law’s wedding next month. I’ll write something up then.

February 28, 2020/Reply
  3. Andrea says:

That Wet flex brush is incredible! I have very fine hair that snarles up if you so much as look at it the wrong way, and this brush is hands down the easiest, most painless de-tangle I’ve ever had. It also feels nice on the scalp–if you can’t tell from the photo the brush is somewhat curved, to fit the shape of your head. My husband uses it as a relaxing scalp massager haha.

February 28, 2020/Reply
  4. Lindsey says:

Just here to say that if you for some stupid reason are considering the Drybar paddle brush, sprint in the other direction. The metallic paint rubs off all over your hands. Avoid.

February 28, 2020/Reply

contact the edit

For reader queries and PR inquiries, please send over an email.