Style + Fantastic Finds

The Find: A Casual Friday Dress

Every Friday, I wake up, I walk into my closet, and try to bridge the gap between casual and professional.  I can’t wear jeans to work, but I want to be comfortable.  And this $30 dress from Amazon bridges that gap.

This Daily Ritual Supersoft dress is made of a terry fabric that drapes and hangs like jersey.  It also comes in plus-size.

So how do you style it for work?  I wear it with black tights, black ankle boots, and this blankNYC fitted moto jacket.  To keep it work appropriate, I sized up to make it swingy instead of clingy.

Whether you want it for casual Friday or just weekends off, this is a comfortable, stylish dress that you’ll reach for again and again.  Plus, it’s washable.  So wherever you wear it, you won’t ruin it.

{image here; this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. TW says:

Hi there, just wondering if you have a tip to keep the dress from sticking to the tights? I have tried dryer sheets, slips, hairspray, etc and still I end up a twisty mess…

January 29, 2019/Reply

Static Guard. One good spray under the skirt and on the tights keeps it from sticking.

January 29, 2019/Reply
    • MK says:

Lotion works like a charm for me. I rub a little into my hands and run them over my tights. It works so well.

January 29, 2019/Reply
    • Joanna says:

Try wearing a half slip

January 30, 2019/Reply
  2. Joanna says:

I am in a real need for long sleeve casual Friday dresses. This looks my answer. Ordering now. Thank you and keep them coming!

January 30, 2019/Reply
  3. nancy M says:

This looks great – except I’ve been looking for a similar dress with thicker fabric. My post-partum midsection does not look great in a jersey dress – too many bumps and bulges. Any ideas?

January 30, 2019/Reply
    • RKT says:

I have this dress, and it is thicker than typical jersey – it’s not quite sweatshirt material, but because of the additional substance, it’s more forgiving, I find, than Amazon’s other daily ritual jersey items. I love it – I bought one of the green, and liked it so much I ended up buying a backup because I was reaching for it so often. The grey doesn’t work with my coloring, and I wish they made other colors.

So Nancy M, I would recommend giving it a try – it might be better than you think.

January 30, 2019/Reply

contact the edit

For reader queries and PR inquiries, please send over an email.