Features + Best Purchases Ever

My 10 Best Purchases: No. Five

And after some confusion about the order of numbers three and four, we’re back on track with five.  Seriously, I have no idea when my preschool counting skills started to fade.  So let’s see lucky number five.

For several years, I stopped wearing button-up blouses.  Do you tuck?  Do you not tuck?  And if you tuck, how do you keep it from shifting?  Eventually, between the bunching, the shifting, and the wrinkling, I just quit trying to make them work.  Until, I discovered the J.Crew Stretch Bodysuit ($78 + 25%-off code Bundleup).

The bodysuit stays smooth, perfectly tucked and looks great with skirts or jeans.  Plus, I love the collarless look.  This popular style comes in the basic button-up above, they also make it in silk, and they offer a jersey wrap style.

Oh, and in case you hadn’t heard from the 20+ emails they’ve sent out, J.Crew now offers plus-sizes in many pieces.

{image found here; this post contains affiliate links that may earn commission for the author}

1. Sarah says:

Not to be dramatic but I’ve basically stopped wearing regular shirts since I made my first bodysuit purchase (this one, on your recommendation)! I now own 8 or so (mostly from JCrew and JCrew Factory) and love them all so thank you for the original recommendation all those months ago

October 19, 2018/Reply
  2. Susan says:

I’m so jealous, I’d love to wear body suits but my, er, derrière doesn’t allow. Four butt cheeks is never a good look. Le sigh.

October 19, 2018/Reply

You could have it resign onto different drawers. A friend has it re-sewn onto boy shorts.

October 19, 2018/Reply
  3. MOnica T says:

I picked this one up on your recommendation as well, and I feel good about it but I have a question: Did you have to get it tailored? I haven’t brought it in to my tailor yet, but it’s a bit blousy at my waist and it seems like the point is to have a sleek tucked look.

October 19, 2018/Reply
  4. Sara says:

I bought this in pink silk (upon your recommendation)…I love it! Under a suit jacket – pure perfection. And the pink is so pretty and delicate; I feel very lady like when wearing it. Sara

October 20, 2018/Reply
  5. Whitney says:

INTRIGUING. I’ve had the exact same problems with button-ups.

However, I am very long-waisted, and, er, athletically-endowed in the back. What’s the torso length on these like?

October 22, 2018/Reply
  6. Jenny says:

I bought the J Crew version and found it to be completely sheer. I’m not giving up hope, though!

October 26, 2018/Reply