1) GOP Congresswoman fights back against ‘sleeveless’ dress code. (The Cut)
2) This Tahari Envelope Neckline Dress could be worn to work, a wedding, you name it.
3) Five questions you must ask in a job interview. (Forbes)
4) This GloPro Microneedling Tool is my most exciting Anniversary Sale purchase.
5) 11 Things I Wish You Knew About My Child-Free Marriage. (Today)
6) $100-ish Outfit: This white eyelet dress, red sandals, and gold hoops.
7) What to do if you’re so overwhelmed by work you can’t see straight. (Marie Claire)
8) Need a keychain? This dotted leather loop and this geometric metal clip are the best.
9) The unexpected plastic surgery Millenials are getting. (Allure)
10) These $100 d’Orsay gold flats are everything. They also come in black.
11) What to say when an argument gets too heated. (Harvard Business Review)
12) Old Navy Must Haves: a striped tee, leopard print heel, lace-up sandals.
13) Don’t ask a co-worker what they make. (Cosmopolitan)
What I’m Loving. This $95 Polaroid camera to document summer fun.
What Blew My Mind. The Big Sick movie plot is based on a true story.
What I’m Eating Too Much Of. Nuts n’ More spreads. So flipping delicious.
What I Identified With. This first-person article on fashion regrets.
[image found here]
Nuts and More. . .why do you have to use sugar alcohols? They wreak havoc on my stomach but they look so tasty! (PSA, keep them away from the pooches.)
So annoyed with the sleeveless thing. Men are required to wear jackets and ties, and we can’t be bothered to put on a cardigan? I get the whole, “this is another standard imposed by men!” thing, but hey, the dress code was the same when Pelosi was Speaker.
Cammy Bellafiora says:
So here’s the thing, I think sleeveless is the wrong hill to die on, because of the points you all brought up. The trouble is dress codes are geared too much toward female attire. Understandably, this is because our clothing has a much wider variation than men’s clothing. But sometimes, the codes are just down right silly and sexist. Look at the new LPGA dress codes. Unreal.
Jenn S. says:
Preach. The gents don’t get to lop the sleeves off their shirts. No, shoulders or bare upper arms aren’t scandalous – but things like this make me wonder what people consider equal treatment.
I know, obviously, that it is difficult to find (and therefore ridiculously annoying) appropriate, sleeved dresses. But it isn’t impossible, and a lot of the decent ones truly are workhorses.