The Daily Eight: August 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016
I wanted to thank everyone for sticking around during the “lost months” of May, June, and July. During the crucial first semester of law school, I suffered a tremendous heartbreak that continued to plunge my life into chaos for the next year.
Because I was trying to focus on school, I didn’t have time to fully deal with it. So I just scraped up the shards of my self, shoved them into a bag and kept going. When school ended, I needed some time to unpack the bag and re-examine my future.
It feels good to be back. We’re launching a whole new look and new features next week. It’s also the blog’s 8th Anniversary. Yipes.
1) The founder of the World Wide Web wants to reclaim it from Facebook and Google. (Digital Trends)
2) This $32 printed oversize, drape cardigan from Forever21 is seriously lust-worthy.
3) Bad tempered, pessimistic people earn more, live longer, and have happier marriages. See, I knew I was on to something. (BBC)
5) “I’m 38, childless, and unmarried. Is it too late for me?” (Elle)
6) Kopari Coconut Melt is the ultimate beauty multi-tasker. Use it as conditioner, lotion, chapstick, and stretch mark cream.
7) You’re eating a lot of fake, rotten olive oil–how to find the real thing. (video) (Tech Insider)
*image found here.