The launch is approaching, and I’m tired. But the thought of shopping the Anniversary Sale right at midnight is helping a bit. Still, I have no idea how I stayed up until 4:00AM to do this when I lived on the East Coast.
Here are my first set of picks for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early releases. It’s not the prettiest post, but since these items sell out so quickly, I figured looks were less important than speed. But before we begin, some notes on the sale.
- They have a “work” section. So if you’re hunting for new office attire, start here.
- The skirt selection is sparse. And the Halogen pencil that has been the hero of so many Anniversary Sales past only came in black and camel this year. Boo.
- They are not letting you sort the items to 100 per page or stack them from lowest to highest price. This makes it more difficult to search for the best deals.
- Prices seemed more reasonable this year. Fewer big ticket items, more things in the $80-$175 range.
- Lastly, this is a stronger sale overall than I’ve seen in a few years. Some sections (shoes, bags, skirts) are weaker. But the majority (dresses, tops, sweaters, coats) are stronger.
There are some amazing dresses this season. These dresses were my favorites. The runner-up picks were this Halogen Mock Neck Sheath, this pink Ted Baker Tarala Dress, and this CeCe scallop dress that looks just like a Kate Spade frock from a few years back.
Coats and Jackets
This Halogen crepe jacket would look amazing with an ivory blouse and grey trousers. The blush jacket is perfect for wearing over sheath dresses. For a truly classic piece, try this Rebecca Taylor texture knit jacket. It’s a bit of a splurge, but if you work in a conservative office, it’ll be your go-to.
I’m in desperate need of a new coat. I’ve been wearing the same grey coat for four years, and it was damaged by the cleaners last winter. I’m hoping this black and navy Ted Baker is the winner. For something more casual, try this quilted jacket.
On the more affordable end of the spectrum, this heather-grey Kenneth Cole coat has a relaxed vibe to it. For something with a casual, but chic look, this Guess Mod jacket is perfect. If it’s a modern edge you’re after, try this Topshop Meg coat in pine green.
Shirts and Blouses
I bought everything you see here. The bow on the Frame blouse is removable, so it’s also a button up. I’ll wear the hell out of the Vince top. And I just though the rose gold sweatshirt was so fun. It’ll look great with a pleated skirt.
Plus-size readers should check out this Melissa McCarthy printed peplum top and this Vince Camuto contrast trim blouse. Petite? This Halogen lace detail sweater is cute. This dot printed top from Classiques Entier is super chic.
Bags, Shoes, and Accessories
The bag and shoe selection was a bit lackluster this year. These are the five pieces that grabbed my attention. It’s possible that I missed some things (it is 1:00AM, after all), but this was what was good enough to draw my sleepy eyes.
I love the details on these Hunter rain boots; they give you a little something extra. Also, I bought this crossbody, and I’m hoping it becomes a wardrobe staple.