It’s 2:57 A.M. My to do list is not getting shorter. Exit student loan counseling broke me emotionally. And there’s a good chance I failed a final this weekend in a class I should have aced (ran out of time).
Sometimes, when you’re drowning, it’s hard to remember that the sea is made of champagne and other people would happily trade places with you. After all, this will end Saturday, and I will have a JD. Perspective.
1) Behold, the restorative power of the unfollow. (The New York Times)
2) For stylish workwear under-$100, do.not.miss this gorgeous Ellen Tracy flounce hem skirt and long Halogen coral topper.
3) Arianna Huffington, and the Gilded Age of Corporate Feminism. (Buzzfeed)
4) The Lancome Miracle CC Cushion might be the best money I’ve ever spent on a makeup product. For a drugstore peach concealer, try Pixi correction concentrate and thin it out with a bit of primer.
5) Sneaky interview tricks the top tech companies use to ensure they hire the best people. (This article is satire, I read it while tired and didn’t pick up on it. Need sleep.) (Quartz)
6) Nordstrom Rack is dripping in under-$50 work dresses. This Tahari sheath with a cap sleeve and folder neckline, a must. And this Donna Morgan printed shirtdress is perfect for casual Friday.
7) The five ways meeting get off track and how to prevent each one. (Harvard Business Review)
8) I have burned through most of my chic work pumps. These Louise et Cie Hermosa heels may be a sleek replacement. I also like these scalloped red Augusta flats to wear with my navy dresses.
9) Have you heard of Fairygodboss? It’s a company review site (think Glassdoor) specifically geared to women, and it’s taking the industry by storm.
10) Have I mentioned recently how cool and impactful the jewelry from Chico’s is? No, seriously, that Chico’s. I bought this Danita long necklace, and I love it.
11) The pros and cons of working out before or after work. (Levo)
12) Shopbop is having a surprise three-day sale. This Susanna Monaco dress is a good option for the office. For a dramatic statement piece, try Tamara Mellon’s side keyhole blouse.
*image found here.