The Workday Reading: April 22, 2016
Apr 22, 2016
The explanation for one of my favorite passages from my second-favorite book.
1) You have no idea how hardcore Harriet Tubman was. Here’s to the new face gracing the $20-bill. (The Washington Post)
3) How to graciously accept a compliment. (Fast Company)
5) The art of storytelling according to StoryCorps and Humans of New York. (An oldie, but goodie.) (Ted)
7) America is increasingly moving to the cities. This new map of a metropolis-driven nation is a bit terrifying for those of us from the sticks. (The New York Times)
8) This $6 e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer is an amazing drugstore buy. Comes in brightening formula for those who struggle with dull skin.
9) Rub these two things on your teeth to make them whiter naturally. (Marie Claire)
11) How a Senator used Facebook to influence employees in one D.C. building. (Fusion)
12) Is it strange that I saw this Coco-Cola Lipsmackers collection and needed to buy it if only for the nostalgia? Just a little? Great. These Lancome ‘Juicy Shaker’ lip glosses are the adult equivalent.
*image found here.