I have Healthcare Law and Advanced Torts finals left, so just one post today. One semester to go, one semester to go…
1) Three reasons why you aren’t reaching your full potential. (Fast Company)
2) Need a chic, affordable clutch? Hit up Sole Society. This pewter, embellished clutch caught my eye.
3) The five steps to becoming a Washington Socialite. And the biography of the greatest D.C. socialite of all time, Alice Roosevelt Longworth. (Washingtonian; The New York Times)
4) Bloomingdale’s is offering 15% off almost everything. This Black Halo Kento dress is calling my name.
5) Is it ever okay to change your shoes in public? The rules of party shoes. (Vogue)
6) This $50 Mango knit-cotton blend dress is chic and comfy; and I love the funnel neck. Sold. Also, this red, fitted dress is perfect for semi-casual, holiday parties.
7) The people watching at the Swedish Royal Wedding looks sublime — so much spray tan, so little time. (Cosmopolitan)
8) ASOS has a $75 trench coat that is absolute perfection. Their double-breasted camel coat is fab. And this neutral-print blanket scarf is perfect for staying warm while traveling.
9) Need to reduce your holiday stress? Four self-care tips. (The Everygirl)
10) Target has 30% off women’s clothing. This wide-stripe Merona sweater dress is so fun. For a holiday party, this white Studio One tank dress is sublime. Both are under-$50.
11) How to stop wasting time on bad first dates. (The Cut)
Gift Guide. I added them to one of my earlier guides, but I love key fobs and key chains as a gift. They work for many recipients and can be found in any price point.
This Rebecca Minkoff tassel fob is classic choice. For a bit more bling, this Marc by Marc Jacobs cabochon bag charm is just right. For a little bit of luxury, try this vintage Chanel key ring.
*image found here.
Ha, the bad first date article and the mention of the roommate locked out of the apartment excuse may have just given me SO much more free time.
Pineapples and Pearls
Dress 3 and 4 from the Swedish royal wedding is the official dress for the ladies-in-waiting, so not an unfortunate coincidence. It was last updated in the 80s – hence the dated look- but it’s based on a much older dress that all debutantes had to wear.
I really wish the photos had descriptions/names. That said, some of those dresses were hideous and poorly fitting. You’d think, you can afford a castle but can’t find a good tailor?
Oh wow, they should really update that.
Absolutely loved the bad first date article. After a bad first date where I got sucked into drinks for 2 hours, I wowed to bring cash with me to every first date so that if it sucks, I can throw money on the table and exit stage left.
That’s a great idea! I’m about to jump back into dating and need all the exit strategy advice I can get.
I just finished reading a bio about Alice Roosevelt Longworth and Elenor Roosevelt (Hissing Cousins). Alice was one bad ass chick.
My favorite history podcast has an Alice Roosevelt episode
Her antics are incredible