1) A thought-provoking article on when charity becomes toxic and disempowering. This quote hit me particularly hard:
The moms would endure that indignity [of strangers delivering free Xmas gifts to children’s homes], but it was just more than a father’s pride could handle. It was as though his impotence were being exposed in front of his wife and children in his own living room. And it was very, very hurtful.
2) If you’re looking for a bag with clean, simple lines and no hardware, look no further than this $60 Mango satchel.
3) Feminist essayist Camille Paglia discusses why Taylor Swift’s #GirlSquad is not the embodiment of ‘girl power’, and explains how women can empower each other. (The Hollywood Reporter)
4) I’m on the hunt for a few new skirts. I love this Halogen pencil skirt with an exposed zipper. This blush, pleated skirt from AT is so pretty. And this drop waist skirt from Ralph Lauren could be for work or play.
5) The Rise of the Whiny Passenger; do airline travelers fail to see how good they have it? (The Conversation)
7) The ‘rent is too damn high’ for growing number of Americans. (NBC News)
9) In 1926, a Canadian lawyer left a will that promised $9 million to the Toronto woman who could give birth to the most children in 10 years. (fivethirtyeight)
10) If you’re looking for lingerie for the holidays, my favorite is still L’Agent from Agent Provocateur.
11) Journalist Mark Bowden chronicles the long weekend he spent following Donald Trump. (Vanity Fair)
*image found here.