I have my last set of law school finals over the next two weeks. Some days there will only be two posts, but there will always be posts. Here goes nothing.
1) What happens when a normal person hires a stylist? (Elle)
2) In the market for a cheap thrill? This $32 satchel from Forever21 will knock your socks off.
3) From dating to job-seeking, your name has a powerful impact on your prospects. (The Atlantic)
4) If sweaters are on your shopping list, check The Limited. This charcoal cowlneck tunic is great. I also love this open-stitch layering sweater in blush pink.
5) What happens when the founders of a $100-million company stop using e-mail? (Business Insider)
6) Under-$25 gifts for co-workers include this leather mouse pad, small desk jotter, and super cute daily stationery set from One Kings Lane.
7) Things no self-respecting adult should be doing on Facebook. (HuffPost)
8) Would you consider using a ‘handbag raincoat’ to keep the weather away from your purse?
9) A profile of Buzzfeed reporter Matt Bellassai, the creator of the hysterical web-show, Whine About It. (The New York Times)
10) The Outnet is having a huge clearance sale. This ivory crepe blouse, this printed navy blouse, and this mauve crewneck sweater are all under-$100.
11) The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is one of America’s finest. It’s namesake and patron was quite a colorful lady. (Vice)
Gift Guide. If the recipients on your list like personalized gifts, Mark & Graham will let you add your monogram to almost anything. I like these personalized trays; they’re a great host/hostess gift.
*image found here.
Best wishes for your finals!
I know it’s disturbing, but I actually love the handbag raincoat idea. I often carry a lot of electronics and having something to protect them from the rain would be fantastic!
Plus leather handbags are not inexpensive and water + leather isn’t the best combination. living in Florida we frequently get total downpours, so a soaked handbag isn’t rare.
I was thinking I could use one today while I was walking into the building in a driving rain.
YES to the handbag raincoat idea. I’m a leather handbag snob so this would be so much better than throwing a plastic grocery bag over my purse! LOL
Good luck on finals, Belle! You are an inspiration to us all!
Good luck on finals – I am getting ready to take my first set of law school finals … it’s been encouraging to see you go after it and keep up with this along the way.
Let me offer you one piece of advice: About halfway through your studying, you’re going to start to panic. You’re going to think you don’t know anything. Not knowing everything and not knowing enough to do well are two different things. Sometimes 60% right is the A.
Loved the FB article! And after reading it, it is horrifying how many “adults” do these things.