The Workday Reading: November 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015
1) Meet the 10 Most Powerful Women in History. A fun Friday read from Listverse.
2) Stop the presses. This $51 Neiman Marcus tote mixes black and navy, has a cool shape, and is reversible. Need it.
3) A brief, but valuable history of how the U.S. government’s quest to defeat communism led to the rebirth of Salafism and the rise of ISIS. (Salon)
5) People who sleep late are actually smarter and more creative. You hear that, Mom and Dad? (Elite Daily)
7) Ronda Rousey, and the danger of being imperfect while female. (Medium)
8) Need tights? I bought these Spanx Luxe Leg Blackout Tights, and I am in love. Total opacity achieved.
9) Demaryius Thomas writes a moving piece about losing his mother to drugs and prison, and how he survived a hard childhood to make it to the NFL. (The Players Tribune)
11) Why do recipe writers lie (and lie, and lie) about how long it takes to caramelize onions? (Slate)
Eye Candy. The Neiman Marcus Christmas Book is just overly indulgent, capitalist eye candy. I find it endlessly entertaining to see what Neiman’s can convince the under-rich to buy.
*image found here.