The Workday Reading: November 4, 2015
Nov 4, 2015
1) Harvard Business Review discusses what to do when someone asks you for a reference. (Pro tip: Always clear it with your reference before giving out their name.)
2) This tan 70s-style shoulder bag from ASOS is a fantastic choice for work or weekend.
3) How to tailor your resume to suit a job when you have little or irrelevant experience.
4) Have you heard of Society New York dresses? They are work-friendly and affordable. This grey elbow-length sheath and this navy v-neck caught my eye. And this contrast sheath dress has the Victoria Beckham look.
5) The Guardian examines consumerism and how ‘buying begets buying.’
7) Amazon has written a new parental leave policy. But that doesn’t mean they’ve fostered an environment where people will feel encouraged (or even comfortable) using it.
11) Levo covers the dos-and-don’ts of having a cold at the office. (I keep travel-sized Lysol and Airborne with me at all times.)
Eye Candy. Just hand over the eye-poppingly gorgeous Valentino satchel and no one gets hurt.
*image found here.