Workday Reading

The Workday Reading: October 28, 2015

Snip20151027_6

I’m still deep in the throes of midterms.  There will be posts every day this week, but today, there will just be the one.  1.5 semesters left (phew).

***

1) Screw finding your passion, or why life is about the not-knowing.

2) This $99 chocolate brown tote has a classic, sleek look that is perfect for work or weekend.

3) The 6 habits of people who accomplish everything on their to-do lists.

4) Looking for a chic, affordable winter coat? This Kenneth Cole checks all the style boxes.  I also like this Ellen Tracy stadium coat.

5) Ivanka Trump shares some interesting thoughts about e-mail etiquette with Levo League .

6) Speaking of Ivanka, her new line of handbags is gorgeous.  I love this blue Doral satchel and this black barrel satchel.

7) The Everygirl covers the things you should do before you delve into the adventure that is self-employment.

8) I stopped using iS Clinical Active Serum (to save money) and the negative difference in my skin is measurable.  Won’t do that again.

9) What to say at networking events to eliminate awkward moments.

10) I’m thinking a white dress for work holiday parties.  I love this Fitz sheath and this Mariza dress.

11) She fell in love with a black man, so her family (the owner’s of D.C.’s Tadich Grill) disowned her.

Eye Candy. These red, fringed Aquazurra sandals are pure fun.  For a more affordable option, I like these grey, fringed sandal.

*image found here.

1. Tina Utset says:

Hi Belle I love the idea of a white dress for the holidays! What color shoes would you wear?

Thanks for all your inspiration!

October 28, 2015/Reply

Burgundy, leopard, grey, black.

2. Lily says:

Belle, have you had any luck buying the iS serum elsewhere? It’s listed on amazon for half the price, but I’m worried it may be fake. $130 just seems like a lot of money for 1 oz…

• Anna says:

If the order is fulfilled by amazon, you can return it if it’s not what you expected. I bought my Dr. Jart BB cream on there, and it looks like what I got was the Japanese version which was a bit more yellow and had a perfumey smell. I was able to return it no problem.

October 28, 2015/Reply

I try to find the pro-size on sale from reputable Amazon merchants. It’s 2oz, so it’s a little better.

3. Bon says:

Have you tried Paula’s Choice BHA liquid? I’ve had great results and it’s a fraction of the price.

October 28, 2015/Reply

I did. I didn’t have great results.

4. Gabrielle says:

I got a white dress (white house, black market) last year for holiday parties and I received so many compliments. I love both options, but the Mariza dress might be my new one for this year!

5. Sharon says:

Belle, I could have used that networking article this weekend! I was at an event and it was like pulling teeth to get people to engage. I’d ask a question (not a “yes/no” question, either), someone would answer it, and never ask me anything in return. I eventually went home frustrated and skipped another event the following night.

6. Rachael says:

My jaw literally dropped when I viewed the Fitz Sheath dress. Absolutely gorgeous!!

7. JJC says:

Belle, Love Screw finding your passion, or why life is about the not-knowing. As a slightly older reader I keep thinking i need to find a “new” passion for the next phase of my life… Puts things in perspective.

8. Tizzy says:

Hey Belle,

No need to go without your IS Clinical product! SkincareRX is an authorized dealer of IS products, and they send quite a few coupons via email!

9. Cat says:

I love the idea of a white dress for holiday parties but I’m unsure how to keep my legs from turning into icicles. Would you wear nude fishnets with it for a little bit of warmth, something else, or nothing at all? Thanks!

• Anna says:

Do you spend a lot of time outside when you go to parties? I think nude microfishnets would work, but I’d be more inclined to go bare legged. As long as it’s not a long walk, my legs tend to stay relatively warm if my upper half is warm.

• Mpls says:

Hey – It’s a legit question. Bare legs when there is snow on the ground tends to look a bit odd, just like black tights when it’s 70 degrees out looks odd. I mean, you can do it, but it’s not out completely out of the question for someone to want to wear something on their legs when the temperature dips.

Cat – What about something with shimmery/metallic, if you don’t want to do the nude fishnets?

October 29, 2015/Reply
        • Anna says:

Not saying the question isn’t legit, but I don’t think bare legs look out of place with cocktail attire. Now if you’re walking to your destination or walking between parties, you’d definitely want some legwear.

October 30, 2015/Reply

Cat, I would probably wear nothing at all. I don’t find hose to provide much in the way of warmth. If for some reason, I needed to wear something, I would wear nude fishnets.

October 30, 2015/Reply