+ Look for Less

Morning Line: September 29

Two housekeeping items…

1. This week, the morning posts will be all about outerwear because it is getting chilly out there.
  2. There will be more posts today, they will just be delayed til this afternoon.  I am fighting a cold, and I want to sleep a solid 10 hours tonight in the hopes that I beat it.

Corner Office

Snip20150928_73

Burberry Kensington Trench ($1,895)

Middle Cubicle

Snip20150928_74

Ann Taylor The Icons Classic Trench ($228)

*also in petite and tall

Intern Desk

Snip20150928_75

Calvin Klein Double Trench Coat ($99)

Plus-size: Ralph Lauren Skirted Trench Coat ($265)

1. Sarah says:

Perfect timing for this post. I purchased a Zara trench, which was quite beautiful and fit surprisingly well… However, the lining absolutely shredded over a few months of pretty standard wear. I had it repaired on the cheap (they sewed the tears, rather than sew an entirely new lining) but now the entire coat pulls in a funny way when I wear it. Haven’t purchased much form Zara since. Loving the ‘draping’ trench look this Fall but looking for something more a long these lines that will carry me between seasons.

September 29, 2015/Reply
  2. heatherskib says:

Feel Better Belle!

September 29, 2015/Reply
  3. Kirstin says:

Hope you’re feeling better! Question: How do you feel about the cape trend?

September 29, 2015/Reply
    • heatherskib says:

I ordered one from Boden… I’m hoping I like it!

September 29, 2015/Reply
  4. ilovetrenchcoats says:

Love the Burberry trench. Boy, they are expensive, but they really last and last. I have one that is going into its 10th year, and I wear it constantly. I haven’t had to so much as clip a loose thread. I’m considering investing in one of the red ones they just released this fall.

September 29, 2015/Reply
  5. Katie says:

I’d love recommendations for a trench coat in a color other than khaki. (It’s just not me.) What color is best for a professional work environment? Is black acceptable?

September 29, 2015/Reply

I think black is good. A dark navy is also nice. Even a burgundy could be fun.

September 29, 2015/Reply
  6. Joanna says:

That Burberry trench is just perfect. One day.

September 30, 2015/Reply