The Workday Reading: April 7, 2015
Apr 7, 2015
1) Finding a mentor is a challenge, but it can be even more difficult when the prospective mentor is a man. Cosmopolitan offers tips on how to handle common problems with opposite-sex mentorship.
3) The Food Babe has turned her crusade against food additives into big business. Recently named one of the most influential people on the Internet, her claims are challenged by scientists on Slate, NPR, and Gawker. They argue that her posts are little more than social-media fueled disinformation that exploit the “scientific ignorance” of the public.
4) This Michael Kors dress with crochet panels is boho-chic for women who want more emphasis on the chic.
5) The New York Times features an interesting opinion piece on why college costs students so much. (Spoiler: It’s not a lack of public funding.)
6) Nic + Zoe is a mid-price brand that’s piqued my interest. I adore this printed, sleeveless shell. And this cobalt, textured dress would look lovely under a blazer. They also offer a plus-size line.
7) The Washington Post tackles the complicated origin story of ISIS and the influence of Saddam Hussein’s Baathist loyalists.
*image found here.