Belle’s Weekly Reading: December 23, 2014
Dec 23, 2014
The last year is a complete blur. Savoring my last few weeks in D.C., moving cross-country, surviving my first year of law school (2L, yay!), and suddenly, the holidays again. Thanks for sticking with CHS through a whirlwind 2014. Have a safe and happy holiday! xo, Belle
1) This is the season of eating, but all the cooking and baking takes its toll. LearnVest has a post about 11 deceptively easy recipes that are easy on your wallet. Fitness has some healthy holiday recipes. And WebMD has a list of tips to avoid holiday weight gain.
3) Jezebel has a profile of the Austria Empress Elizabeth (aka Sisi). If you think being a royal looks glamorous, here life was…not. Of course, the fashion world has glossed over her sobering, unhappy life to make her a style icon. Because it’s what’s on the outside that matters.
5) SNL created a Christmas parody of the podcast Serial, and it is hilarious.
7) How to Become the Most Compelling Person You Know. I don’t know, it sounds like a lot of work.
8) Cute shoes that don’t break the bank are hard to find. I love these Enzo Angiolini boots in your choice of three colors for $99. These Sole Society pumps are a favorite for work at just $59. And in the under-$125 category, these gorgeous Louise et Cie pumps in your choice of five colors.
10) Yeah, I’m going to need these shell pink 3.1 Phillip Lim flats.
11) How can a sweater cost $39 on Tuesday and $44 on Wednesday and $59 on the following Monday? Fast Company has an interesting piece on the strategy between fluctuating online sales at retailers like J.Crew.
12) Are you intrigued by the idea of a crop top, but not sure if you can pull it off? This $29 dress from Forever21 has a sheer panel under the layered bodice for just a hint of skin. Also, this $13 t-shirt dress is great for the weekends; just add tights.
*image found here