If you’re feeling like the air inside the crystal ball is hazy, don’t look too far into the future. Sometimes, focusing your energy on what is immediate is enough. Make good decisions in the present, and the future will take care of itself.
1) Few women love their first job. (I hated mine.) First jobs are just that, the first step. A chance to learn, gain some perspective and develop your resume. Levo League explains why women being advised to “quit their day job and follow their passion” should actually stick with their first job.
2) This week’s inexpensive handbag has a dome shape, a lovely pale grey hue and loads of style. If grey isn’t your look, Express offers the same bag in red, black or maroon.
3) Improving your listening skills might be the best thing you can do for your career. Inc.com explores why better listeners are better leaders.
4) I can’t help it. I adore the dramatic ruffle on this Theory blazer.
5) Marie Claire has an interesting article about married couples who live apart because they work in different cities.
Love the look, but need something less expensive? Don’t miss the T Tahari line. This basic black sheath is a great place to start. This color block dress is also a nice option. And the asymmetric neckline on this cap-sleeve dress is really chic.
7) Corporette covers The Top 5 Crimes in Office Decor.
8) I just replaced my Michael Kors Flex Pumps after two years of hard wear. Nordstrom has a great selection of Flex pumps in several styles and colors. The round-toe pumps run from sizes 4 to 12 and cost under-$100.
9) Working on your resume? Careerly has a document filled with examples of the kind of quick, descriptive bullet points that will make your resume shine. (Don’t copy them directly, obvi. Use them for inspiration.)
10) I am obsessed with Herbivore Botanicals beauty and skincare products. Their pink clay bar soap is clarifying and perfect for traveling (down with the 3oz rule!). And their blood orange lip butter, to die for.
11) What do the top jobs in the fashion industry pay? Who What Wear has the answers.
12) Dear Tory Burch, You made the most gorgeous suit that I’ve seen in at least three seasons. The tweed jacket with chiffon trim, sublime. But why the hell did you make the skirt thigh-length? Sadness.