1) As Jezebel points out, the lyrics to Meghan Trainor’s song “All About That Bass” are a bit of a mixed message. But you can’t deny the song is catchy. So I asked my friend and web designer, Sarah, to design something that celebrated the song’s positive message of not letting pop culture tell you how to feel about your body.
2) The popular and inexpensive Street Level reversible tote now comes in even more colors. My favorite, the pale gold and cognac, of course.
3) The New York Times Magazine has a fascinating piece about the success and struggles of the female cadets at West Point.
4) I have sweaters on the brain. This chunky, grey knit from H&M is super chic. This fisherman’s turtleneck from Tinley Road is awesome. I also love this sweater with open-stitching on the sleeves; it’s a great transition piece. Plus-size? I love this Olivia Moon cardigan.
7) The midi-skirt was once a controversial clothing item (feminists saw it as a symbol of repression), now it’s back in vogue in a big way. And with gorgeous choices like this burgundy BR skirt and this shimmering River Island number, it’s not hard to see why.
8) I love this Jonathan Adler smartphone dock. It has a bit of whimsy and a bit of chic.
9) Bill Cosby was America’s favorite dad. (What 80s-kid didn’t want to be a Huxtable?) The New Yorker has a feature on Cosby the man, the comedian, the legend.
11) How to get over that ex...because every woman has one.