+ Happy Hour

Happy Hour: National Margarita Day

Tomorrow is National Margarita Day.  What?  You didn’t know that?  I’ll pause for a moment while you mark your 2015 calendar.  Go on, I’ll wait.

b108bd205007b6524a4d1e5e8f1ab8f4

When making margaritas, you can go for the classic lime.  You can save calories and sip skinny blackberry ones.  Prefer slushy margs?  These watermelon ones fit the bill.

The photo above is for Une-Deux Senses Guave Orange Margarita.  A unique take on the margarita that contains the traditional tequila, as well as Grand Marnier, orange juice and guava puree.  You can find frozen guava puree on Amazon. (What can’t you find on Amazon?)

image1xl

Warehouse Strappy-Back Maxi ($159)

Tequila cocktails always make me think of flowy maxi dresses.  This orange one from ASOS is positively gorgeous.  I love the yoke collar and the vibrant color.

Sabine has a large selection of colorful maxi dresses.  This Athena dress has been on the blog before, and is still my favorite.  Anthropologie also has a collection of gorgeous maxi-dresses.  The bold green dress is phenomenal.

Want something under-$100?  This June & Hudson dress is playful and pretty.  This Hive & Honey dress with a chevron-print is fantastic.

Plus-size?  This Michael Kors dress is breezy and fun.  Petite?  Have a look at this Eliza J dress.  Tall?  This Ann Taylor navy and white maxi is very Hamptons in May.

1. K says:

Do you think this dress reads a little formal? I feel like there’s a fine line between casual cocktails on the roof and formal wear when wearing a maxi dress.

February 21, 2014/Reply

It is a bit formal. More like a dress for a wedding guest than a casual cocktail, but I just loved it, so I threw caution to the wind. You could bring it down with a flat sandal and turquoise jewelry, but it’s still more party than chill.

February 21, 2014/Reply
      • lhh says:

So glad you said a little bit formal. Will probably order this for a wedding in May.

February 21, 2014/Reply
  2. Morgan says:

Ahh I’ve been looking at maxi dresses all week. Must be the weather.

This one from LOFT caught my eye:

February 21, 2014/Reply
  3. LS says:

Hey Belle, do you have any suggestions for how to find a cotton-blend maxi dress? The vast majority on the market are 100% rayon/poly. I find those fabrics stifling.

The Hive and Honey you linked to is adorable and partially cotton, but the reviews aren’t very good.

February 21, 2014/Reply
  4. Grace says:

You can also find frozen guava puree/pulp in the Goya section of the frozen food aisle in grocery stores.

February 21, 2014/Reply