Perhaps it’s the chilly weather and the seemingly endless winter. Maybe it’s the fact that my work has been feeling somewhat empty lately. Or perhaps it’s the fact that I’ve been traveling a lot. Whatever the reason, I’ve been down the past few weeks, and I can’t seem to shake it. When does the spring start again?
1) Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week began yesterday in New York. And while the clothes speak for themselves, some of the designer names are a bit tough to pronounce. If you need some help sounding out Schiaparelli or Vika Gazinskaya, Harper’s Bazaar has you covered. Check out their pronunciation guide 101 and Part Deux.
2) My favorite dress, the Black Halo Jackie with 3/4 sleeves is available at Shopbop. It’s selling out quickly (due to its fabulousness), so you should also check the selection at Saks if you have trouble finding your size. Hopefully, its popularity will convince Black Halo to start making more sleeved dresses (hint, hint).
3) 32 nations will compete in the 2014 Winter Olympics. Here is a catalog of the most fashionable and faux pas uniforms that they will be wearing at tonight’s Opening Ceremony.
4) I’m pretty much obsessed with these Nadri studs with black mother-of-pearl.
5) Should we stop telling single women that they’re “fabulous”? This article asks if it’s time to stop wrapping singledom in a “feather boa” and just let unattached women be.
7) Gorjana is one of my favorite makers of fashion jewelry. The designs are simple and stylish. Right now, I’m loving this arrow cuff and this long bar necklace. This wishbone charm necklace is also a favorite. And if you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day gift, this “Taken” ring is a lovely option.
8) I’ve been hunting for some new workout wear. Surprisingly enough, I ended up at Anthropologie. I love their Pure + Good line, especially this racerback cutout tank and this peplum pullover. And this tennis dress makes me wish that I hadn’t walked away from my racket years ago.
9) Last Christmas, I posted a gift guide featuring a Downing Street Pottery mug and lamented the lack of a Washington, D.C.-themed coffee cup. Well, ask and you shall receive. (Don’t miss the other city mugs.)
10) Looking for a cheap thrill? I love the look of the new arrivals at LOFT. This quilted puff sleeve sweater is fantastic, as is this lace-accented stripe tee. This classic navy button down is also a great piece.
11) Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies. ‘Nuff said.
12) Need a warm coat? Like toasty warm? Have some money to invest in future winters worth of warmth? Then you need a Canada Goose coat. It’s the warmest I have ever been.
13) When it was announced that Sarah Jessica Parker–the feet behind Carrie Bradshaw’s shoe-addiction–would be designing her own line of high-end heels, fashionistas everywhere jumped for joy. But I have to say, if these photos are indicative of the entire collection, color me disappointed.