Workday Reading

The Edition: No. 144

A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink. — Gina Carey

Grooming. How the need to look good at work is costing women.

Fulfilling. This gorgeous, under-$40 floral print blouse is perfect for work.

Ringing. Why it’s okay that your engagement wasn’t a surprise.

Puffing. Love a dramatic sleeve?  This ivory dress and black sweater are for you.

Promoting. It’s time to learn how to talk yourself up at work.

Cinching. This Donna Karan belted top is so pulled together.

Gifting. The Christmas present that ended a relationship.

Discounting. The Shopbop sale is heating up. These gold flats caught my eye.

Advising. Starting your own business is hard; here’s how to do it.

Clearing. This mask is still the fastest way to beat a breakout.

Looking. How to find an apartment when you’re moving across the country.

Jogging. NordstromRack has a great workout section. Love this yoga bra.

Comparing. All the ways headlines about Kate and Meghan differ.

Last week, I launched a new feature on Instagram Stories: The Five by Five.  Every week, I (or a guest contributor) will answer five serious questions and five fun questions submitted by readers.  It’s a different take on the Ask Me Anything feature that many influencers host.

Last week’s Five by Five featured some great questions.  I’ll put a call out for new submissions on Wednesday.  Follow me on Instagram to keep up with the series. And get ready to meet some fun contributors in the coming weeks.

{this post contains affiliate links that may generate commission for the author}

1. Kat says:

Love the idea of the five by five but I’m not an instagram user (don’t have an account and I’m in my 30s I know shocker). Any chance you can duplicate the features in good ol’ blog format?

January 14, 2020/Reply
    • Paige says:

here to echo this exact request!

January 14, 2020/Reply
      • Sarah says:

Same here!

January 14, 2020/Reply

I don’t think so. There are just some things that I think work better on social media, and I’d also like there to be some reason to follow my channel beyond my very sporadic Instagram posts. We may do another interview feature, but it won’t be the same.

January 14, 2020/Reply
    • Allison says:

Me, too!

January 14, 2020/Reply
  2. sbe says:

I *LOVED* the Five by Five feature! Thank you for this fun addition. And PS, I was on a curling team this fall…it’s actually kind of hard 😐

January 14, 2020/Reply

I’ve tried it, it’s really hard. It’s just not as athletic, as say Alpine Skiing.

January 14, 2020/Reply
  3. kelly says:

Looking forward to the 5×5 feature! I came across an earlier Insta Q&A of yours last year and it helped reassure me about some of my previous life choices.

And the difference in headlines between Kate and Meghan are bananas. If Meghan Markle decides to completely cut off public contact and live in the woods, I would understand.

January 14, 2020/Reply
  4. Annie says:

The article about the “grooming gap” really hit home. It is incredibly frustrating how long it takes me to get ready in the morning to look “presentable,” while men seemingly can roll out of bed and go.

January 15, 2020/Reply