Quote of the Week.
“Pitting your dream against someone else’s is a fantastic way to get discouraged and depressed.” — Jon Acuff.
The Top Story.
How One Woman’s Digital Life Was Weaponized Against Her. (Wired)
This article will startle and horrify you. Imagine your family, your employer, your friends, the people in your child’s life, all of them receiving harassing e-mails from a man you had a brief relationship with online. What if he called police on your husband, reported you to child protective services, and threatened your safety? And what if, thanks to the anonymity of the Internet, no one seemed willing to help you?
The Weekly Reads and Links.
2) Have any of you ladies tried Bumble Bizz for networking? How do you like it?
3) This reversible sequin stocking is perfect for the holidays.
4) How fashion editors resell their swag for big bucks. (Racked)
6) A guide to negotiating salary and juggling job offers. (Simple Dollar)
8) Could the simple act of squatting undo the damage to the body by sitting? (Quartz)
9) Did you just say Barefoot Dreams makes a SWEATER?!?!? Too cozy for words.
10) How to get the scoop on a company’s culture before you take the job. (Levo)
12) We’re failing our female veterans; we must do better. (Fortune)
The Weekly Ws.
What I’m Reading. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. My Mom wouldn’t stop raving about it for a year.
What I’m Buying. This $9 container that keeps leftover avocado from browning.
Where I’m Going. If you happen to be in Seattle, you need to hit up Recoop Spa. So cute and affordable. I got a great manicure for $24.
The Photo of the Week.
What’s Gaby Cooking made this gorgeous crudite platter for Cupcakes and Cashmere. It’s so colorful and pretty and feels so healthy. I have this Target serving tray and marble serving bowls already, so I’m going to throw one of these together for holiday parties.