The Commute: October 13, 2017
Oct 13, 2017
“If my life wasn’t funny, it would just be true, and that is unacceptable.” — Carrie Fisher
The Top Story.
I’m a Coward: how sexual assault and harassment make cowards of us all. (The Cut)
The allegations against Harvey Weinstein multiply daily. Apparently, Hollywood made jokes about it for years, but no one felt empowered to do something. The women sharing their stories are subject to what Jezebel called “the jury in the comments section.” The backlash has gotten so bad for some, that Evan Rachel Wood felt the need to explain why she hasn’t named her abusers.
I hope something positive comes out of this, but given that Hollywood forgave Woody Allen and Roman Polanski even has defenders, I’m expecting to see a thinner Harvey Weinstein at the 2019 Oscars.
The Daily Reads and Links.
2) A guide for people who work from home. (Quartz)
3) Drunk Elephant’s Sukari BabyFacial now comes in a mini, try-me size.
4) Why I stopped drinking on dates. (Man Repeller)
6) How to boost your confidence before a big meeting. (Career Contessa)
8) Habits that are keeping you from saving. (Camille Styles)
9) This super chunky merino cable throw is cozy and incredibly chic.
10) What to do when you’re bored at work. Because we’ve all been there. (Refinery29)
The Daily Ws.
What I’m Reading. The Big Life, Ann Shoket.
What I’m Making. Green chile and egg breakfast tacos.
What I Need After Not Sleeping. These Skyn Iceland firming eye gels.
Instagram of the Day.
One of my favorite Instagram accounts is CopyCatChic. Reichel Broussard shows you how to design the best Pinterest looks in home decor for less. Much less. Her blog posts always make me want to redecorate my whole house. Sigh.
[featured image; this post contains affiliate links that earn commission for TWE]