The Daily Eight: October 6, 2016
Oct 6, 2016
I am still absurdly sick. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but seven years ago I caught the swine flu and it did irreparable damage to my lungs. As a result, I now get much sicker and stay sicker for much longer than I did prior.
So when I urge you to get a flu shot, it is not just because overachieving ladies do not have time to miss two weeks of their lives. (I don’t know how I would handle weeks of illness if I was in school/working/raising a family.) It is because I will now suffer a lifetime of health issues because seven years ago I was too “busy” to get a flu shot. This year, I got the mist. And the CDC is correct, it did not prevent me from getting the flu.
I guess I am now a one woman crusade against influenza. But with good reason.
3) Why aren’t more women, particularly women of color, arguing before the Supreme Court? (Mother Jones)
4) LOFT’s two-in-one sweater is a must have. Perfect for weekends and Fridays.
5) Women aren’t paid less because they don’t ask for more–it’s because they’re disliked when they do. A boss once told me that I was “reaching beyond my capabilities” and “pushy” when I asked for a raise. (Business Insider)
7) Yes, it really is harder for women to get promoted. (Task and Purpose)
9) Bonus: Six major Capitol Hill Chief of Staff pet peeves. (Time on the Hill)
*image found here.