1) Professional, stable, competent, and addicted to overspending. (Marie Claire)
2) Wedges are my favorite spring work shoe. This on-sale Cole Haan Catalina Wedge is a favorite. For something under-$50, try these Liz Claiborne wedges from JCPenney.
3) How to turn your piles of business cards into usable networking tools. (Levo League)
4) Need dresses for casual Friday? This Diamond Tie Waist dress from LOFT is perfect. Their wrap-effect dress in sapphire is also a winner. Plus-size? This color block tunic dress from Eloquii is fun.
5) Why even if you’re working more than 50-hours a week, you may not be getting more done. And how the people who keep the long hours are ruining it for the rest of us. (Lifehacker; Billfold)
6) This soft trench from Ralph Lauren comes in pale grey, khaki, or blush. This coppery-brown car coat from ASOS is a sophisticated topper (also in petites).
7) Are young people losing out because they don’t change jobs enough? (Buzzfeed)
8) This Deborrah Lippmann Earth Angel nail polish has the coolest dusty rose hue. I also like this inexpensive Sally Hansen polish in Mauve Over.
9) In defense of political parties–the factions in politics serve a real purpose, even if it isn’t always obvious. (The New Yorker)
10) Bloomingdale’s is having a crazy sale. 30-percent off some items, and $25 off of $100 for most purchases, plus free shipping. Maybe I finally pull the trigger on this Annabell Ingall tote?
11) No time for the gym? 21 awesome online workouts. (The Everygirl)
12) The weather is so unpredictable this spring. April showers need this clear Kate Spade umbrella.
*image found here.
FYI- Saks Fifth Avenue is also having a sale (their “friends and family” promo which is open to everyone). Time for me to pick up a dress for friends’ summer weddings!
Thanks for the heads up on the Bloomingdale’s sale, I finally got a dress I have had on my wish list for months!
I do not recommend the Annabelle Ingall tote in any dark colors. I got the black one when Bloomies first started to sell it — and boy was I disappointed!!! The color inside the bag rubbed off on all of my belongings in the bag — including my pretty pink Longchamp pouch. It was awful. I write to Annabelle herself and expressed my disappointment. She stated that the bag I received must have been a fluke— but then I went to the store and put my hand in another bag and similar to the Black bag which made my items black, and if made me hand black. I purchased the tan colored one…which works but it’s disappointing that there is a dying issue with the dark colors.
I had the same exact problem with the Annabelle tote. I exchanged for a light gray one and it was worked well. I use it for commuting and I through in gym clothes, lunch, shoes, everything. Very lightweight. It does not wear as well as a luxury bag but considering I use it everyday, I am happy. It is not good for traveling, just commuting as it can open when you are on the train or plane.