1) Leap Day’s forgotten place in women’s history. (Fast Company)
2) Need a new wallet? I love this flatiron wallet from Bendel’s. You also can’t go wrong with the Hobo Lauren (doubles as a casual clutch).
3) The 10 unforgettable lessons you learn from dating the wrong guy. (Thought Catalog)
4) This collarless Halogen topper is so bright and fun. And I adore the look of this black-and-white knit dress.
5) Land’s End featured Gloria Steinem on their website as part of a PR campaign. Then, the hate mail started. (JS Online)
6) Need spring shoes? These grey, snake embossed Michael Kors pumps go with anything. Cole Haan’s rose gold flat are perfect for commuting. And I love the dark raspberry of these Nine West pumps.
7) Companies are hiring back alumni rather than seeking out new talent. (Wall Street Journal)
8) Reiss hits it out of the park with this deep emerald Lorna dress. I also like this Sanna asymmetric blouse for a classic ‘going out’ top.
9) How do we end the stigma of doing things alone? (Huff Post)
10) Last week, we talked about Bobbi Brown’s way of applying blush (video). This product gives you both shades for the perfect look.
11) The are to writing a thank-you note for a job interview. (Levo)
12) This bright red Alice + Olivia off-the-shoulder maxi is the perfect summer dress. It’s to good for words.
*image found here.
Jenn S. says:
No. 7 makes perfect business sense, to me. Networking and not burning bridges is beneficial for business as well as individuals. Treating former employees as valuable alumni will yield a greater ROI than burning the bridge – and in so many ways, too. Admittedly, the special programs discussed by the article to keep those alumni engaged are a new idea to me, but I don’t think they’re without merit.
Alison @ jolie x laide says:
That red dress immediately made me think of the classic dancing lady emoji. Think of the photo ops!
Ditto on the Hobo Lauren wallet. The. Best. Wallet. EVER!
That Sanna asymmetrical top is AMAZING. Is there anything similar in a lower price point?