1) What’s “in” and what’s “out” in 2016. I hope they’re right about dressing up. (The Washington Post)
2) I’ve said it before, Matt & Nat has the most fabulous affordable bags. I adore this sculptural Baxter tote.
3) The Rise of the Power Couple. (New Republic)
4) Working out more in the New Year? Zella has this hot Temptation Tank and this super cool Shadow Long Sleeve Top with cutouts. For something more affordable, try Old Navy.
5) The 22 things to stop doing in 2016, and the things you should do instead. (Thought Catalog)
6) I bought this Bite Beauty Discovery Set and their Best of Bite Rewind Set over the holiday. I adore them both. Great colors. Highly recommended.
7) The top songs of 2015 in under four minutes. (SunnySkyz)
8) Ann Taylor is having a heck of a sale; ends Monday night. This boatneck tunic sweater caught my eye, as did this pale green mini tote.
9) Clean out your closet for the New Year, start with the 30 items you should toss right now. (Refinery29)
10) Gilt is having a sale on Ray-Ban sunglasses. My favorite.
11) Do ruthless people get ahead? How a dark personality can propel you forward and backward. (BBC)
Eye Candy. The Scarlet lace-up sandal from Loeffler Randall is the thing of dreams.
*image found here.
I’m glad perpetual discontent is finally “In” – my time is NOW!
Honestly, I’ll never understand In/Out lists, does it make me old if I don’t even know what the Out stuff is, let alone the In stuff?
I had to Google a shocking number of the ins and outs.
I didn’t know a lot of them either.
I thought it was funny that “spark joy” was on the Out list, considering this was a major Washington Post article yesterday about Marie Kondo’s new book with that title: https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/decluttering-guru-marie-kondo-is-back-with-more-life-changing-magic/2016/01/03/2da9a2e8-0a30-48dd-bfd6-022220c271ca_story.html.
God, I hope selfie sticks really go out. I am so sick of people using them e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.
I have the AT Boatneck sweater – i like it a lot but it is kind of itchy. Just FYI.
Re #9 and closet cleaning: yes to everything except tossing the “cab to curb sky high heels,” especially if they’re Louboutins like in the picture. If I can ever afford a pair, they’re never leaving the closet.
susan connolly says:
I am so sorry about the lump. I was told ultrasounds after 2 mammograms – and fortunately they decided all was within normal
after the ultrasound. I know how awful that can be. You will be
in my thoughts and prayers. Stay well.