The Workday Reading: December 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015
1) Why do we like making year-end lists? (Hopes and Fears)
3) Traveling for the holiday? A 10-minute workout to help you stay in shape on the road. (Camille Styles)
5) Do you vote? I cannot share this cartoon enough. It perfectly illustrates my frustration with non-voters who complain about the system.
7) California is forcing restaurants to label foods that contain the carcinogen acrylamide. What is acrylamide in? Every cooked food. Has this gone too far? (Lucky Peach)
9) The Japanese courts recently upheld a law that makes it virtually impossible for a woman to keep her maiden name after marriage. (The Guardian)
11) Need to get into the Christmas spirit? The Air Force Band has you covered performing carols in a 1940s-style. (Digg)
Gift Guide. Need a last minute gift? You need Amazon. They can get almost anything to your loved ones by Wednesday with two-day shipping. But an even better gift? An Amazon Prime subscription, free two-day shipping all year and access to other great perks.
*image found here.