1) Need to maximize your time? The Pomodoro Method teaches you to cram a 40-hour work week into 16 hours. (Fast Company)
2) I love the look of this pale purple satchel from ASOS. It would pair well with grey, camel, and burgundy for fall. And it’s just $45.
3) Americans are now trained to ‘never pay full price for anything,’ and it’s killing the major retailers. (Business Insider)
4) Sephora’s holiday sets offer expensive products in affordable samples. Their Beauty Sleep set contains the oh-so-hot-right-now Sunday Riley Sleeping Oil. I’m also picking up this Bite Beauty lip set with four rich hues.
5) How to professionally tell your boss that you are drowning in work. (TheMuse)
6) Iris & Ink has the perfect dresses for holiday parties. This black satin dress with a jeweled neckline is so pretty. This crepe, one-shoulder maxi is perfect for a black tie event.
7) Juicy Couture recently closed all of stores, and now their signature velour track suit is being placed in a museum. The early 2000s are officially history. (Harper’s Bazaar)
8) Have a long holiday flight? I think this hooded sweatshirt dress and a pair of leggings would be a comfortable, stylish option.
9) Why you need a ‘work wife’ to safeguard your work/life balance. (NYMag)
10) LOFT has a really cool, modern take on the Fair Isle sweater. For something traditional, American Living has you covered. Plus-size?
11) Overwhelmed by the holidays? How to set boundaries and stick to them. (The Everygirl)
Eye Candy. This rose gold Tom Ford cocktail dress is made entirely of sequins, and somehow it’s still sophisticated. Impressive.
*image found here.
Has anyone actually tried the Pomodoro method? It seems interesting, wonder how well it actually works (especially those of you in open office plans)
Yes! I use it all the time (though not in an open office plan). It’s literally the only way I get big projects done haha.
What color leggings would you wear with the sweatshirt dress? And nice sneakers with it?
Grey or black. I’d probably do leather knee boots for warmth. Cool sneakers would be nice, too.
The Loft sweater looks like they just put the reverse of a traditional Fair Isle knit on the front of a sweater. Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but to my eyes it just looks like they put the sweater together backwards, not a cool innovation.
Yikes! The Sunday Riley oil has terrible reviews on Paulas Choice/Beautypedia- has anyone here actually tried it?
I’ve used it. I thought it helped. I can’t use it every night though because it’s heavy. But be warned, the smell is horrendous.
Thanks for including the Pomodoro method article! As a student, I find it invaluable in my attempts to stay on top of my workload.