1) From marriages that look perfect (but aren’t) to teenage girls selling the lie of the picture perfect life, is social media cursing us to live inauthentic lives?
2) This structured navy blue bag is a great alternative to basic black and brown.
3) How Millenials are redefining business travel.
4) This Limited coat with a cool neckline and a soft hue is so lovely. I also like this navy shawl-collar peacoat; it has a dramatic shape.
5) How much it really costs to be in a long-distance relationship.
6) This purple cocktail dress from ASOS is so dramatic and gorgeous, and just $101.
7) Jenna Lyons writes about the skirt that changed her outlook on life. I have a whole new respect for her.
8) Theory has some really pretty pieces right now. I love this flirty ivory dress. This crisp, collarless blazer is perfect for work.
9) A police dashcam video functions as a racial “Rohrshach Test,” illustrating how much of our worldview is a matter of perspective.
10) Need some chic sweaters? This green one has lace detail on the sleeves. This border-stripe open cardigan is modern and sleek. I also like this relaxed olive and grey stripe cardi.
11) Racked has a story about losing people, losing things, and finding God at the unclaimed baggage center.
Eye Candy. This Roland Mouret fitted top in emerald green is perfectly chic.
*image found here.
Loved the Jenna Lyons letter. Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks for sharing the article on Jenna Lyons. I didn’t know that about her and I really relate because I’ve been stared at most of my life (I had a traumatic brain injury as a child that caused permanent damage). There’s a lot about my appearance that I can’t control or change. But the clothes and jewelry that I wear, Getting my nails done by a professional, the way I do my makeup- those are all things that I can control. And that helps a lot. Fashion is criticized for being superficial but it’s actually very powerful
The Racked article was great!
Ha – I read the image at first as “My heart wants boots”.
Yes it does, Belle. Yes. It. Does.