1) Yesterday was National Black Dog Day. Black dogs are hard for shelters to adopt out because they’re thought of as scary and are tough to photograph. But who could look at this little face and not want to take a black puppy home?
2) Looking for a black “plane bag” for under-$100? I like this Locklyn nylon bag and this faux-leather Bmanta2 satchel.
3) People love the L.L. Bean duckboots for inclement weather. Bloomberg explores how the boots’ popularity is making it tough to keep them in stock.
4) I love scarf season. This VC silk cheetah print scarf is chic and affordable. And this teal feather-print scarf is really cool.
5) Many European countries are suffering from a decline in birth rates. Danish moms are being urged to send their kids on “baby-making vacations.”
6) Looking for a LBD that does double-duty for work and play? Look no further than Reiss. Plus-size? Try this Eloquii fit-and-flare.
7) This video sheds light on the fight over teaching cursive writing in schools. Do you print? Or are you a cursive writer?
8) Urban Outfitters sells beauty products you won’t usually find other places. I love this hibiscus face mask and this brightening eye serum, to help with dark circles.
9) Carly Fiorina both repels and enthralls liberal feminists.
10) Unique sweaters are on call at ASOS. This textured, slouchy sweater for $33 is great. This roll-neck sweater with a wide knit is sublime. Plus-size? This olive off-the-shoulder sweater is fun.
11) Deadpan teaches you how to be a gracious and fun wedding date.
Eye Candy. Few people make dresses that draw the audible gasp like Jenny Packham.
*image found here.