1) Europeans can apply to Google for ‘the right to be forgotten.’ So who’s applying to remove their personal information from the search engine?
2) Nine West’s Kurlyque heel is subtly sexy, sophisticated, suitable for the office, and $79? They must be mine.
3) The M-Dash explores learning how to eat alone in a restaurant.
4) I love this soft neutral blazer from Club Monaco. This Wallis blazer in pale blush is an affordable alternative.
5) Business Insider discusses the twenty-four ways your job is literally killing you.
6) Thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette? Awesome? Or are the palettes played out?
7) Alfred Postell graduated from Harvard Law School in 1979 with Chief Justice John Roberts. Today, struggling with schizophrenia, he’s homeless living on the streets of D.C..
8) Halogen has some lovely (and affordable) suiting in the Nordy’s Anniversary Sale. This lapis blazer is so chic, and under-$100.
9) Buzzfeed takes us inside what it’s really like to be a flight attendant. (Sounds like a fresh circle of hell not even Dante imagined.)
10) These $45 lace-up flats from Topshop take advantage of a hot trend at a great price.
11) Do you think Subway paid Brangelina to make a sandwich run to distract from the Jared Fogle scandal? Are Brad and Ange the celebrity ‘nuclear option’?
12) No matter how many gowns they design, Valentino never stops bringing the wow factor.
*image found here.
Re: #6, I have the UD “Naked3” palette and like using it for softer, daytime shadows. The only downside is that the shadow wears off relatively quickly. The NARS palettes have much more durable shadows, but they only put out limited-edition color combinations and I haven’t been able to find my favorite (“Douceurs de Paris”) since I bought my first and only one in 2011.
Hmm, that’s not my experience but my skin just sucks up everything (eyeliner takes three days to finally wash off). I’m also super pale, so I can use the Naked3 colors for both day and night. My only problem is that it’s going to take me forever to finally use it up, even though it’s usually my go-to.
Even with primer, I couldn’t get the Naked 2 palette shadows to stay on my lids, not to mention the sparkle fall-out that occurred. Now that everyone and their cousin has a similar palette, I think you can get something similar for much less.
I love the UD palettes, I have the Naked 2 and 3. However I have discovered new eyeshadows that blows a lot of the these other eyeshadows out of the water. Make-Up Geek eyeshadows are amazing and half the price of a lot of these high end brands. A lot of the Youtube vloggers rave about this brand. They also do excellent quality and inexpensive brushes and other make-up. I find the smoky palette just so-so.
sherry @ save. spend. splurge. says:
1. Brangelina definitely got paid to shill for Subway. How coincidental was THAT?
2. Urban Decay Palette 1 is still the best.
Oh yeah, I was like, “Sure, you just decided to pop into Subway, the place you go all the time, and that pap just captured you for the first time today. Uh huh.”