The Workday Reading: June 18, 2015
Jun 18, 2015
It’s a short day today thanks to a looming trial. Back tomorrow with a reader-requested Two Ways on how to style a basic maxi-dress for the weekend.
1) The Treasury Dept. announced that a woman will replace Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill, though they have yet to decide which woman. I’m all in on Eleanor Roosevelt.
3) Required Reading for Politicos: A pollster’s guide to reporting on polls.
4) This Giles & Brother Skinny X Knot Ring is wonderful.
5) Angelina Jolie is using her platform to campaign against sexual violence. But the double standard in some of the media coverage is extremely disheartening.
7) The Coveteur discusses “The Truth About Beauty Sleep.”
8) I need a new yoga mat, and this Yeti mat with soft ombre pastels and a geometric print is at the top of the list.
9) The Every Girl has some tips on perfecting your elevator pitch.
10) Neiman Marcus is having an amazing sale. This pink Nippon business suit has me rethinking my position on dress suits. This Carmen Marc Valvo combo set is also a lot of fun (and the individual pieces are very versatile).
*image found here.