1) Elle discusses why envy of a co-worker doesn’t usually translate into working harder to do better. It’s actually self-sabotage.
3) With the help of a rocket scientist and an astronaut, a former Space X employee is out to reinvent the high-heel. She explains:
“To me, when you’re surrounded by some of the smartest people on the planet, building some of the biggest and most badass machines on this world, the idea that my shoes are such crap became really obnoxiously unbearable,” Singh said.
5) The Wellesley commencement speaker delivered a powerful message: “Being a strong woman isn’t remarkable; it’s normal.”
6) I need some new pool accessories. This floppy hat from Tildon is perfect for keeping the sun at bay. I also love this gauzy cover-up with pom-pom trim. Also, what’s the pool without a pedicure? Butter LONDON’s Her Majesty’s Red is the best red ever.
7) A transgender man discusses how he’s treated differently now that he can experience “male privilege” first-hand. My favorite quote from the piece:
I can say the most ridiculous things imaginable. And people will still think I’m right. Seriously, I’ve tested this.
8) I am still completely obsessed with my Viale flats from M.Gemi. I wear either my black pair (which were gifted) or my tan pair (which I bought) nearly every day.
9) The earth is surrounded by plasma tubes. Seriously, this will blow your mind.
12) A Cuisinart ice-cream maker for half-off? Yes, please.
*image found here.