The Workday Reading: May 11, 2015
May 11, 2015
There is no such thing as a cheap luxury. It’s an oxymoron. The only way that you can have something decadent for a cheap price is by someone being exploited. Your discount manicure is on the back of the person giving it.
2) Looking for a cheap thrill? This ruffled blouse from Joe Fresh is incredibly fun. Topshop has a lovely lace sundress in bright white or black. This extra long, double-pendant necklace would go with anything.
3) Starbucks is moving its Ethos water-bottling plant to from drought-ridden California to Pennsylvania.
4) This black and white tweed skirt from Banana Republic is a classic piece that can be worn in any season.
5) Timothy Caulfield talks about his new book (Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?) and our celebrity driven diet culture.
6) Traveling to the beach this summer? Take a travel-sized Fuzz Off Foam from Bliss to touch up your bikini line.
7) A City Paper reporter from Philadelphia went undercover as an UberX driver exposing what the service looks like from the inside.
9) What is Fair Trade Coffee? Vice Magazine reports on the bitter fight for labor standards.
10) This Roland Mouret evening gown is the stuff of dreams.
*image found here.