1) Wall Street Journal has an interesting opinion piece on ‘How to Save American Colleges.’ The president of Purdue discusses tuition costs, the value colleges provide to students, and deregulating ‘the accreditation cartel.’ It’s interesting to hear an insider’s perspective.
2) Looking for a new hair care routine? Ulta has five new product collections based on hair type. I’m all over this collection to protect your color, others might like this collection for curly-haired girls.
3) Daily Makeover discusses how to make dirty hair work for you with hairstyles and tips for going a week without a wash. Brit + Co. also has a selection of hairstyles for days when you don’t have time to wash it.
4) Rebecca Taylor has a spring collection full of amazing, ethereal fashions. I would like one of everything, or maybe just this dress.
5) The Cooper Review offers a satirical view of office life with 10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings.
6) Wearing a hat helps protect your face from sun damage (and your hair color from fading); Marie Claire helps you find the best hat for your face shape. I love my $12 straw fedora from H&M. I also have a floppier straw hat from Tildon.
7) Aliza Licht, @dknyprgirl, talks to Elle about working in social media, the fashion industry, and her career doubts.
8) This colorful, stripe dress from Maison Jules is impossibly cute. I can’t believe it’s only $55. I also like their ombre midi-dress.
9) The Atlantic discusses the food additives that consumers believe are unsafe and what scientific studies say about them. Unsurprisingly, they find that anecdotal evidence and public perception speak loudly.
*image found here.
The “10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings” article is terrible. I’m surprised you included it here. Pretending to take a phone call in the middle of a meeting? interrupting the presenter to call attention to yourself? Why would you spread this advice? including in your workday reading section is quite questionable.
Seemed to be a tongue-in-cheek list about what NOT to do.
My apologies, I had in my notes that it was a satire but in my haste I forgot to mention that critical information. Fixed now.
Way harsh Mags.
I picked up on the satire immediately. Thanks Belle… needed a funny one today.
Now that they shared all my secrets how will I look smart in meetings?! [sarcasm]
The “10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings” was hilarious! Actually LOL’d at the Venn diagram and “Will this scale?”
I think it’s interesting that the articles about unwashed hair always assume it’s oily. My hair gets drier and drier the longer I go without washing it. Anyone have styles for hair that’s like straw?
I think the articles assume because that’s what shampooing is designed to do – remove oil produced at the scalp.