1) When Starbucks announced that they would offer significant tuition benefits to employees, they garnered a lot of attention. The Atlantic has a long-form piece about the state of American higher ed, how the Starbucks program is working, and why we need to do more to improve graduation rates.
3) Marie Claire offers advice on dealing with a co-worker who you can’t stand. I recommend self-reflection, and earplugs.
4) Today in Things Belle Wants Desperately to Buy, the perfect blush-pink skirt. It’s so sleek and sexy, I can barely stand it.
5) Elle performs a public service and teaches us how to tone down overdone blush without removing too much makeup.
6) I’m suddenly obsessed with silk button-front blouses. This black and white print blouse from Club Monaco is great. And this inexpensive white blouse from LOFT would be a nice addition to any wardrobe.
7) Ellen Pao lost her gender discrimination lawsuit. Now her former employer is coming after her for nearly $1 million in legal fees. They’ll helpfully drop their claim if she promises not to appeal. #blackmail
8) If you’re searching for affordable, chic jewelry that not everyone you know will have, try Max & Chloe. I adore the earthy styling of this dark blue Janna Conner ring. These rose gold ear crawlers are also the perfect mix of trendy and pretty.
*image found at Levo League.