Two years ago, I decided that I wanted to leave my job to go back to school. During the previous six months, I went back and forth about the decision like a pendulum. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made. It hasn’t always been easy, but I don’t regret it for a moment.
1) Hillary is in for 2016. Elle Magazine asks whether America is less sexist than it was in 2008, and how that could impact her race. This reminded me of a great Saturday Night Live sketch about sexism in politics featuring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
3) Planning summer trips? Refinery29 has a list of six travel apps to help you navigate any city.
4) I love this modern, dot-print skirt from French Connection. This fuller, eyelet skirt also caught my eye. I’m so glad the weather is warming up. I’m so tired of wearing jeans. Bring on the skirts and dresses!
5) A D.C. architecture firm created their dream designs for the capital city setting aside building restrictions and security concerns.
7) Gary Trudeau has an interesting piece on freedom of speech, Charlie Hebdo, and the ethics of “punching down.” It’s an interesting counterpoint to many of the freedom of speech above all pieces that ran after the attack.
8) Coordinated outfits are on-trend. I prefer these to rompers and jumpsuits, but I still wouldn’t spend much money on one. Luckily, ASOS has some lovely options. I’m loving this one with pom-trim, and this one in white, floral lace.
*image found here.