Ask yourself: What am I waiting for? Can I remove the roadblocks? If so, how? Achieving your goals, doing what you love requires constant progress. Don’t let circumstances within your control stop you.
1) You know that one thing that no matter how hard you try you can never do? For me, it’s rising early. Maybe this article can help.
2) Jones of New York is having quite the Friends & Family sale. My favorite piece on the block? This blush and black car coat. A close second, this Olivia Pope-esque sweater.
3) The New Yorker presents, A Open Letter from Your Horrible Facebook Friends.
4) Elle has a great tutorial on disguising dark, under-eye circles. I love this Almay aluminizing primer, and this Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in neutralizer.
5) Female amputees struggle to learn without their limbs, but they also struggle with prosthetics made for men. Vice.com has the story.
6) My latest picks from The Outnet (aka, my obsession): This Rebecca Minkoff “briefcase,” this Bretton striped dress, this white, crepe tuxedo blazer from Iris & Ink.
7) What would it cost you to get rid of cable and watch all your favorite TV online?
8) I need a formal gown for an event later in the spring. I splurged on this Nicole Bakti gown in pale rose. I also seriously considered this $104 ASOS dress in white, with sequin inserts.
*image found here.
Have an article for The Workday Reading? E-mail it to capitolhillstyle (at) gmail or tweet it to @caphillstyle.
Madeline Vied says:
I am in love with that Nicole Bakti gown. I want it in emerald for an event I have this spring but I am nervous about sizing and I can only find it online! Post your review of it! I LOVE it. Good choice on the splurge!
Very Erin says:
I obviously watch too many shows, because I would be paying way more if I cut my cable and paid for each service I needed to get my channels!
The image at the top is from Lara Casey’s website: https://laracasey.com/2014/12/31/2015-goal-setting-part-1-good-things/
The model wearing the Batki dress looks like she has the worst wedgie of all time.