1) Did you binge on House of Cards this weekend? Sesame Street recreated the story of the Three Little Pigs, Frank Underwood Style. And speaking of HoC, check out LookLive for a complete look at the pieces in Claire Underwood’s closet and where to buy them. I am seriously enamored with the silver satin gown she wears to the Inaugural.
2) I don’t usually matchy, colored suits, but this coral Tahari suit is lovely and under-$100. (Though I’d swap out those gold buttons immediately.)
3) Four successful women offer their tips for asking for a raise. My best advice? Schedule a time to talk to your boss, come up with a concrete number to ask for, and, if you can, try to get a good picture of what others are making (Legistorm, Glassdoor, etc.).
4) Whim is a nail lacquer that goes on like a polish and wears with the strength of a gel. I adore this soft champagne color. Their selection of reds runs the gamut from candy apple to deep berry. And their Dreaming in Pink is the perfect cotton candy shade.
5) Ready to be scared straight? How phone and computer usage before bed is damaging your brain.
6) The Outnet has a gorgeous selection of pieces from DvF. I love this ivory shift dress with an open-work yoke. These leopard-print pumps with a block heel look like they’d be comfortable. And this embellished, scoop neck blazer is absolutely stunning.
*image found here.
Have a suggestion for the workday reading? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet it to @caphillstyle.