1) Did you binge on House of Cards this weekend? Sesame Street recreated the story of the Three Little Pigs, Frank Underwood Style. And speaking of HoC, check out LookLive for a complete look at the pieces in Claire Underwood’s closet and where to buy them. I am seriously enamored with the silver satin gown she wears to the Inaugural.
2) I don’t usually matchy, colored suits, but this coral Tahari suit is lovely and under-$100. (Though I’d swap out those gold buttons immediately.)
3) Four successful women offer their tips for asking for a raise. My best advice? Schedule a time to talk to your boss, come up with a concrete number to ask for, and, if you can, try to get a good picture of what others are making (Legistorm, Glassdoor, etc.).
4) Whim is a nail lacquer that goes on like a polish and wears with the strength of a gel. I adore this soft champagne color. Their selection of reds runs the gamut from candy apple to deep berry. And their Dreaming in Pink is the perfect cotton candy shade.
5) Ready to be scared straight? How phone and computer usage before bed is damaging your brain.
6) The Outnet has a gorgeous selection of pieces from DvF. I love this ivory shift dress with an open-work yoke. These leopard-print pumps with a block heel look like they’d be comfortable. And this embellished, scoop neck blazer is absolutely stunning.
*image found here.
Have a suggestion for the workday reading? E-mail it to email@example.com or tweet it to @caphillstyle.
Hmm. I think you may want to rethink the last sentence in #1. I really hope you didnt give a HOC spoiler there!
I haven’t even watched it myself. The Washingtonian Editor tweeted out the gown, I liked it. Plus, I think the fact Underwood ends up President is a foregone conclusion since half the shots in the trailer show them in the White House.
Kelly AndThenBlog says:
I’m with you Belle (especially below!), but I will note that it was not for an Inaugural, so no spoiler!
Oh, good to know. It was tagged as an inaugural gown, so it looks like the original Instagram poster was confused, and thus I was incorrect.
It’s actually not a spoiler at all. She wears the gown to an event other than the Inaugural.
Agree. Not everyone has the time to go through the entire season in a few days.
Everyone “wastes” their time in their own way. Some choose to spending it watching TV, some choose to spend it otherwise. It’s a bit rude to implicate that because people who wait all year to watch a show choose to do it in a single weekend they are some how less busy or less important than you are.
Kelly AndThenBlog is correct, the dress is not worn for an Inaugural, and in fact it is worn in one of the first few episodes of the season so no need to anyone to binge watch.
As far as the binge watching comments, let’s be honest… if you care so much about people binge watching tv that you are going on blogs to comment about it, the same could be said about you and your blog commenting. Get back to work! lol.
Has anyone else been disappointed by the Whim polish? I tried the system this weekend, and it wore like the Tinkerbell polish of our youth. Am I missing some crucial step?