Belle’s Weekly Reading: January 30, 2015
Jan 30, 2015
1) Sorority leaders want members at UVA to stay home on fraternity rush weekend. Apparently, controlling women’s movements is considered a viable way to prevent sexual assault. Or maybe they could follow Dartmouth’s lead and ban hard alcohol. Everything old is new again.
2) Looking for inexpensive basic pumps? These pointed-toe mid-heel pumps are a great choice. I also love these almond-toe pumps with a cushioned insole and small platform (very comfortable). These d’Orsay high heels are also a lovely choice.
3) Meet David Atchison, the U.S. President who served for just one day.
4) This gorgeous bag from Kate Spade Saturday has a casual-meets-chic style. It also comes in five gorgeous colors; the blush hue is calling my name. I also love this striped jersey dress for spring and summer. And this 3/4-sleeve split-neck tee is a long-time favorite of mine.
5) I love fresh produce, but in the winter the selection leaves a lot to be desired. The Awl has a great piece on which veggies you should buy frozen or canned during the long winter months.
6) When I want to try a new beauty product the first thing I do is try to find it in travel size. Nordstrom has a great selection of mini-sized products. This NARS mini lets you try their Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. MAC offers a small Lipglass so you can try new lip colors for less. And this mini-Moroccanoil is perfect for travel or curing your coifs winter blahs.
7) Jewelry made with breastmilk…things you probably neither knew, nor needed to know existed. You.are.welcome.
8) New thing I learned this month: Net-a-Porter is pronounced net-uh-por-tay. Thing I already new: They sell the most beautiful dresses.
9) When I was a child, the woman who owned the local video store used to give me a New York Seltzer every time we went in. So I was feeling a little nostalgic as I read about the last seltzer man in Manhattan. Something tells me this may be the next hipster-revived trend.
10) Zella Live-In Leggings are still my absolute favorite, but their Soul 2 Pants are a close second. I also received their French Terry sweatshirt as a gift, and I want to wear it all the time. It’s so cozy.
11) In Whittier, Alaska, all 300 residents live in the same building. It’s a really interesting story about negotiating relationships in uniquely cramped quarters.
12) I am obsessed with ear cuffs–earrings that extend up the lobe. These Gorjana cuffs are my favorite. I also like these Elizabeth and James double-x crawlers. For something inexpensive, these $6 Forever21 cuffs are a lovely choice.
*image found here.