Belle’s Workday Reading: January 27, 2015
Jan 27, 2015
1) What happens when an employee finds out that she makes significantly less than her colleagues? The Awl has a funny complaint letter, and some realistic advice for how to proceed.
2) I mentioned this Kelly & Katie dome satchel last week, but it deserves two bites at the apple. It’s chic, professional, and comes in a gorgeous soft grey leather. A great buy at $49.
4) Club Monaco has some wonderful tops right now. If you’re looking for sweaters, this pale pink option is lovely. This white one has all the softness of a sweatshirt but in grown-up form. Looking for soft blouses? This Natly top has lovely details, and this printed button-up is a versatile business-to-casual option.
5) The Coveteur talks to the editor of The Cut about how to get a “cool job” in fashion. The article has helpful advice for all career fields.
7) It’s always amusing when fashion people give advice on what to wear to corporate job interviews. This Stylecaster article has some good advice, but also some laughable items. Like not recommending a suit for law firm interviews.
8) Looking for earrings to wear to the office? These hammered-gold teardrops are lovely. These mini pave earrings are impossibly dainty. And these Nadri inside-out hoops are still high on my “to buy” list.
9) The Telegraph believes that successful women possess these six career traits. Not sure I agree with the “one-size-fits-all” mentality, but some good things to mention.
11) More and more job interviews are being conducted online via Skype or FaceTime. Levo League has some good tips for making sure the tech doesn’t mess up your interview.
12) Calvin Klein has some great dresses on discount. I love the pop of bright color on this layered dress; it’s great for any season. This aubergine dress would look lovely with a pale purple cardigan. This color block sheath with a cloudy print and black trim is super chic.
*image found here.